- Find your nearest food bank or mission, for food
- grocery stores with free samples, bakeries + stores with day-old bread
- different fast food outlets have cheaper food and will generally let you hang out for a while.
- some dollar stores carry food like cans of beans or fruit
- Sleeping at beaches during the day is a good way to avoid suspicion and harassment
- sleep with your bag strapped to you, so someone can’t steal it
- Some churches offer short term residence
- Find your nearest homeless shelter
- Look for places that are open to the public
- A large dumpster near a wall can often be moved so that flipping up the lids creates an angled shelter to stay dry
- A membership to the YMCA is usually only 10$, which has a shower, and sometimes laundry machines and lockers.
- Public libraries have bathrooms you can use
- Dollar stores carry low-end soaps and deodorant etc.
- Wet wipes are all purpose and a life saver
- Local beaches, go for a quick swim
- Some truck stops have showers you can pay for
- Staying clean is the best way to prevent disease, and potentially get a job to get back on your feet
- Pack 7 pairs of socks/undies, 2 outfits, and one hooded rain jacket
- first aid kit
- a travel alarm clock or watch
- mylar emergency blanket
- a backpack is a must
- downgrade your cellphone to a pay as you go with top-up cards
- sleeping bag
- travel kit of toothbrush, hair brush/comb, mirror
- swiss army knife
- can opener
Kooky fun is what Skitch is all about. This amusing and entertaining high-quality font from Yellow Design Studio is a truly unique, hand-lettered serif font. With this terrific deal, you’ll get the entire Skitch Font Family of 11 fonts, along with loads of extra goodies like ornaments, expandable borders, ligatures and stylistic alternates. Best of all, for a limited time only, you can get the whole shebang for more than 80% off the regular price.
Download it here: http://bit.ly/WMxqoO
Guys I need help.
The spousal person sent me this picture this morning, and when I got to work and blew it up to full size I noticed the patch on the calico’s head and the little bumps.
We have a vet appointment for Thursday evening for everyone already, but my google-fu isn’t turning anything up and I’m scared and I’m crying and someone please tell me what’s going on.
Maybe it’s just fleas? Just keep an eye on them to see if they behave strangely, but keep calm :)